FASHION CONTACT LENSES
It has been started the perception of contact lenses in 1508, but today, his dream has become a practical reality for millions of people around the world. Contact lenses (CLs) are visual devices that sit on the outside of the cornea. Safe, relaxed, vision-correcting or color-altering contacts are now gladly available for people of all ages, needs and budgets. Many people are buying contacts for only cosmetic reasons. Changing eye colors can create a totally new look.
Colored contacts are accessible as visibility tints, enhancements, opaque’s and special-effect lenses:
• VISIBILITY TINTS are light colors that are not designed to change the eye color in any momentous.
• ENHANCEMENT colors do just as their name implies. They deepen light-colored eyes creating brilliant blues, bright green greens and smoky grays.
• OPAQUE contact lenses totally change the color of the eye. They can successfully cover any natural eye color and produce a new look.
• SPECIAL-EFFECTS contacts are the perfect choice for that costume party. They can capture the idealistic danger of the vampire or the automation of a robot. Special-effects lenses add the finishing touch to creating an unexpected fashion statement.
Colored contact lenses are no more difficult to wear or sustain than regular contacts. They are available for a variety of vision problems and in both long-wearing and disposable styles. The daily disposable lenses are usually the most expensive.
Changing eye colors can create an totally new look. Special theatrical things are also possible simply by adding unusual contacts. Contact lenses have a variety of uses but are most commonly worn as an alternative to glasses in the change of refractive errors. They are often preferred for cosmetic reasons but may also have very realistic advantages in certain sporting or occupational situations where glasses can get broken. They need care if complications are to be avoided, particularly as some of these can be sight-threatening. Lenses should normally not be worn for more than a particular number of hours each day and should not be kept in overnight. Furthermore, if a CL wearer develops a red eye, they should instantly stop wearing the CLs and seek medical advice. Complications about anything are rare. Those using soft CLs and CLs overnight are at greater threat of developing them.
Use Diagnostic contact lenses:
• Goniolenses are a group of lenses that are used in clinic and in theatre to look at the iridocorneal angle. Some of these are prepared with extra mirrors enabling visualization of the fondues. These lenses remain on the cornea only during the period of examination.
• Electroretinography lens – this is used in specialist centers to make certain diagnoses: these lenses look at electrical function in the eye much in the same fashion as an electroencephalogram.
• Soft bandage CLs may be used to promote epithelial healing where there are constant corneal epithelial defects and erosions. They also have a role in pain relief in patients.
• Drug delivery systems – work is being done to develop lenses that provide a controlled free of current visual drugs: these are not currently in general use.
FASHION CONTACT LENSES